BootsnAll Travellers' Toolkit |
Home Ask the Pilot Collection Malaria Solo Travel

Travel Message Boards & Online Travel Forums

Below you will find links to sites that offer useful message boards where travelers can swap information. If you’ve found a site that you think should be included here, send us an email with the URL and a short description of why it’s helpful.

(To keep this page open while you explore, right-click the links and select "Open in New Window")


BootsnAll Message Boards
BootsnAll’s very own message boards. Give your boots a rest and discuss travel with the fine members of our community! It only takes a minute to become a BootsnAll member.

Lonely Planet Thorn Tree
Probably the most active travel forum on the web, from arguably the largest travel guidebook publisher. It can be a lot of information to wade through, but chances are good that the question you’re about to ask has already been asked by someone else.

Eurotrip Message Boards
An excellent and extremely active message board focused on Europe.

VirtualTourist Forums
A place for VirtualTourist members to share information; it’s not the most elegantly designed forum, but there’s a lot of stuff here.

TripAdvisor Forums
These are quite active travel boards, from one of the most-visited travel websites.


Talking Travelers
This set of travel forums is part of the Tripso.com website, which used to be Ticked.com.

Rough Guides Travel Talk
This is a slow forum, but the Rough Guides books are excellent – and there are some gems on the boards.

Fodor’s Forums
These forums are appropriate for people who like the Fodor’s travel guides. An active and considerate group at these boards.

Frommer’s Forums
Like the Fodor’s forums, you’ll probably like the Frommer’s forums if you like Frommer’s guidebooks.

Travel.com Forums
Regional forums, and even some sub-regional forums; plus forums just for cruise information, sharing videos, and Disney theme parks!